TRAVEL & BEAUTY

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Late Summer Makeup Feat. Colourpop SHE Palette, Vanity Store Brush Set & CAILYN Pure Lust Extreme Matte Lip Trio


Good Monday Morning!^^

Today I want to share a quick review & makeup tutorial on a "Late Summer Makeup Look" I just uploaded on my channel yesterday! Summer is slowly passing us by and before we fully get into the warm rich colors of Fall/Autumn, I want to show one last appreciation for sweet bright colors of the summer we just had. For this look, I've decided to use my new Colourpop SHE Palette from their Karrueche X Colourpop collaboration. The colors of this palette is sweet yet sultry with a nice combination of dusty rose to mauve shimmery colors..I seriously LOVE the color selection of this palette so much!

I will also be using my new Vanity Planet Professional Makeup Brush Collection! This collection comes with a nice variety of ultra soft premium synthetic bristle makeup brushes, from face to eye brushes. I like the convenience of having everything I need in this one roll out brush set. It's great for traveling too! Don't forget to watch my full tutorial to see how I use each brush to get this makeup look :)

REVIEW: To be honest I didn't really use every single one of the brushes in this set, but the ones that I did use I found was very soft and feels nice against my skin. They do not shed at all! However, the flat top stippling brush I used for my cream products did not feel 'stiff' enough for me to properly blend the products into my face. The eye makeup brushes worked well and helped blend out the eye makeup nicely, but I personally feel there should be more variety for blending brushes. 

To complete this look, I will also be using CAILYN Cosmetics Pure Lust Extreme Matte Lip Trio. The colors in this trio pack are numbers 5, 32 & 48. I chose this particular trio set because of its beautiful nude tones and one sultry red that would also be great for the coming fall season.

REVIEW: All three colors are super pigmented and glides on well. They all have a beautiful matte finish which seriously DOES NOT BUDGE!...and it can get quite difficult to remove too. It dries within seconds and stays on without the need for touch up for the whole day. My favorite color out of the three is the #32, it has a beautiful deep nude/pink color that is great for everyday wear.

All in all I do love the brush set and the lip trio. For the price point for each I think you do get a fairly good value for money, however for the Vanity Planet brush set the price could be significantly lower.

Want to know where to get your set?
Click here for the Vanity Planet Brush Set
Click here for the CAILYN Trio Matte Lips
Click here for Colourpop SHE Palette



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig