TRAVEL & BEAUTY

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Carli Bybel Palette REVIEW/SWATCHES | TAYA SUNAZ


Today marks the first official day of Fall out here in the States!..and although where I am at right now still feels like late Summer..I must admit that I am really looking forward to when I can start layering out my wardrobe again!...that and also ofcoz the excuse to wear dark vampy makeup all day long haha



So two days ago I FINALLY received my Carli Bybel BH Cosmetics...and my golly was it difficult to get my hands on this limited palette! After waiting anxiously for 4 hours straight on the date of its initial release, the BH Cosmetics website promptly crashes on me! This palette was selling like hotcakes and within the first 12 hours it was sold out =_=...By what seemed like my 100th attempt to purchase this palette (at which time I was about to give up seriously >.<) I was overjoyed to be put on their pre-order list....and to be fair for a mere $12.50 which is pretty much a drugstore friendly range, this palette absolutely did exceed its humble little price tag! I was pleasantly surprised by the creaminess and pigmentation of each colour, especially the shimmer ones! (which this palette had A LOT of)...I am initially a self proclaimed Matte eyeshadow bias, but after trying out all these gorgeous neutral shimmer colours I am extremely impressed. The thing is these shimmer shades are creamy enough to blend out without it looking too glossy...and it is a perfect addition to people like me who loves neutral shades yet when needed for that extra glam, there is an the option to do so seamlessly.


There are altogether 10 eyeshadow shades and 4 highlight shades in the palette. The top row are more cooler tones, with the most matte colours and one peachy shimmer colour that can be used as a brow and tear duct highlight. The second row comprises more of warmer tones and alot of shimmer! There's only one dark brown matte shade right at the end and the shimmers are gold/copper tones. These shadows can also be used as highlighters too and there is enough selection of shades to suit any type of skin tones. Finally the last row comprises of the 4 bigger pans of highlighters, ranging from pearly white tones to a deep and darker coral/gold tones..which I absolutely love. Carli really put a lot of thought into creating this palette so that it can suit with all types of skin tones which I think is cool.

The one thing I do like a lot about this palette is the fact that the colours are neutral with a great selection of cool and warm tones which is suitable for both everyday and glammed out looks. This palette is versatile enough for me to use on a daily basis..and for the price and the quality..I seriously can't complain! Extremely happy with my palette so far!...So..what do you guys think of the palette?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig